Have the freedom to bank your way — and get paid for it! Freedom Checking pays you up to 1.26% APY* just for doing everyday banking activities you probably do anyway, like logging into online banking.
You’ll also get up to $25 a month in refunds on ATM fees all over the country, and there’s no monthly service fee.
- Free checking that pays high interest
- 1.26% APY* on balances up to $25,000 if qualifications are met
- 1.26% – 0.50% APY* (depending on balance) for balances $25,000 and above if qualifications are met
- 0.10% APY* on all balances when qualifications are not met
- Refunds on ATM fees, nationwide (up to $25 monthly)**
- No minimum balance to earn rewards
- No monthly service fee
- Free online banking with bill pay
- Free eStatements
- Free mobile banking
- Free MasterCard® debit card
- Free direct deposit
- Unlimited check writing
- $100 minimum deposit to open
Earn Your Rewards Easily!
Earning rewards doesn't require a lot of extra effort! In fact, you probably already do these banking activities anyway. To earn your rewards, just do the following transactions and activities in your Freedom Checking account during each Monthly Qualification Cycle:
- Have at least 15 debit card purchases post and settle
- Have at least 1 direct deposit or ACH payment transaction post and settle
- Be enrolled in and agree to receive eStatements
- Be enrolled in and log into online banking
See? Easy! Even if you don’t meet your qualifications during the cycle, your Freedom Checking account is still free. Plus, you’ll still earn our base interest rate. And you can get right back to earning your full rewards the very next month!
*Annual Percentage Yield (APY) accurate as of 12/22/2016. Qualifications, limits and other requirements apply. See financial institution for details. If qualifications are met each monthly qualification cycle: (1) **Nationwide ATM fees incurred during qualification cycle will be reimbursed up to $25 and credited to account on the last day of monthly statement cycle; (2) balances up to $25,000 receive APY of 1.26%, and (3) balances over $25,000 earn 0.25% interest rate on portion of balance over $25,000, resulting in 1.26%-0.50% APY depending on the balance (the 0.50% APY is based on a $100,000 balance.) If qualifications are not met, all balances earn 0.10% APY. Rates may change after the account is opened. Fees may reduce earnings. Qualifying transactions must post and settle during the monthly qualification cycle. "Monthly Qualification Cycle" means a period beginning one banking day prior to the first day of the current statement cycle through one banking day prior to the close of the current statement cycle. ATM withdrawals do not count as qualifying debit card purchase transactions for purposes of earning rewards within this account. Transactions may take more than three business days to post and settle from the transaction date; they may not be in a pending state to qualify as one of the qualifications. Available to personal use accounts only. Limit one account per social security number.